Not a good place to send the Rotator!

Post recovery jobs for vehicles from 3.5 tonnes to the largest of HGV's & PSV's.

Moderator:mick

mick
New User
Not a good place to send the Rotator!

Post by mick » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Had to attend this job near Eastbourne. The fuel tanker had managed to get all the way around the track before the front axle sank. He also lost low range and the transmission. The rotator had to reverse round on the built up level which is made of timber chippings etc. The amount of rainfall we have had recently, coupled with the weight of the rotator, caused the unstable surface to collapse at one side. The rotator was firmly embedded and leaning toward the swampy part in the middle. I had to rotate the crane to the top side and then if lifted itself on its legs, so I could put material beneath the wheels again. It still had to have help from a digger to get out, but then it does weigh over 30T. After that, it had to reverse around again and winched the tanker out before then I dealing with the the gearbox issue.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: Not a good place to send the Rotator!

Post by sticky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 pm

I've been in there and I must take my hat off to your skills used in sorting out yet another unforeseen catastrophe.